Class Action Lawyers Strategically Managing and Defending Against Litigation
The class action lawyers in Kaufman Dolowich’s Class Action Practice recognize how high the stakes can be when a company is threatened with class action litigation. Our lawyers take quick and aggressive action to build a powerful defense strategy aimed at protecting our clients and limiting their exposure to potentially catastrophic liability. While we are often able to defeat class action claims at their inception or prior to class certification, we are also successful in resolving class actions cases through negotiation or alternative dispute resolution. If the case cannot be resolved, our class action lawyers are experienced litigators who know how to defend large-scale class action cases.
Our class action lawyers handle a wide range of class and collective actions, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Cognizant of the fact that the number of ADA claims being brought as nationwide class action lawsuits are on the rise, Kaufman Dolowich attorneys help clients address these high-risk, high-impact claims. Our lawyers work closely with clients to develop and implement litigation strategies designed to bring ADA class action suits to a swift and favorable conclusion.
- Civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). Our attorneys defend clients in RICO class action matters in federal courts across the country. We have a comprehensive understanding of the RICO Act and leverage this knowledge to build a powerful defense plan focused on bringing the matter to a quick and successful resolution.
- Data Breaches. With privacy and data breaches an increasingly prevalent occurrence in today’s technology-driven society, organizations of all sizes and types are at serious risk of large-scale legal claims and lawsuits. Our attorneys counsel and defend companies threatened with multi-district class action litigation stemming from high-stakes data breaches.
- Equal Pay Act. Employment class action litigation, including claims brought under the Equal Pay Act, can be highly destructive for an employer. Our legal team helps employers take aggressive action to defend and protect themselves against these high-exposure class action suits.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Failure to comply with FCRA requirements can expose a company to high-stakes class action litigation. Our class action lawyers are well positioned to defend credit reporting agencies , credit furnishers, and credit screening agencies in cases alleging inaccurate, false and misleading credit reporting practices.
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA). Kaufman Dolowich attorneys have a breadth of experience handling class action claims brought under the FDCPA. We have a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the FDCPA and defend debt collection companies, debt collection law firms and debt-buying entities facing class action lawsuits filed in jurisdictions across the country.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Class action lawsuits brought under the TCPA are on the rise. We represent telemarketing companies, debt collectors and other entities using “robo-dialers” in the defense of this ever-increasing source of claims. When a TCPA class action lawsuit surfaces, our attorneys to work reach a favorable resolution as early as possible.
- Wage and Hour/Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Kaufman Dolowich’s attorneys are experienced in defending employers facing costly federal FLSA collective actions and class action lawsuits brought under state wage and hour laws. Whether the suit involves allegations of employee misclassification, unpaid overtime, or other type of wage and hour violation, our legal team is well prepared to handle the case through trial and any appeals.
Contact Our Class Action Lawyers Today
Whether you know you are a part of a class action lawsuit or are wondering if you need to protect your business, contact the defense team at our law firm today.
|Co-Managing Partner, Los Angeles||Los Angeles, CA|
|Partner||Los Angeles, CA|
|Attorney||San Francisco, CA|
|Partner||Woodbury, NY , New York, NY|
|Co-Managing Partner of Kaufman Dolowich
Diversity and Inclusion Committee Member
|Of Counsel||White Plains, NY|
|Co-Managing Partner of New Jersey Office
Chair of Commercial Litigation Practice Group
|Partner||Hackensack, NJ , New York, NY|
|Partner||Torrance, CA , Los Angeles, CA|
Co-Chair of Professional Liability Practice Group
- Landlords and Fair Housing Act Compliance, by Jennifer Sherven, Esq. - Aug 24, 2023
- FMLA Just Turned 30. Is It Time for a New Model?, Corporate Compliance Insights, Angella Myers, Esq. extensively quoted, 2-15-2023 - Feb 16, 2023
- “Kaufman Dolowich Brings Back Employment Atty In LA,” Law360, 10-17-2022 - Oct 18, 2022