Providing Experience & Value to Businesses
The importance of tailoring representation to fit the needs of the unique businesses we work with cannot be overstated. Our team is sensitive to the various stages of a business’s development and the legal needs associated with each stage. We work with your business goals and concerns in mind to facilitate solutions that reduce overall risk and increase opportunity.
From early-stage startups to Fortune 500 multinational corporations, Kaufman Dolowich is equipped to meet your most complex business needs. From tax consultation and corporate structuring to copyright enforcement and trade secret protection, our firm employs strategies and methods that benefit your business and your bottom line.
Our Corporate and Intellectual Property practice group leaders have:
- Served as expert sources in top news publications like the Washington Post, Apple MacWorld and E-Commerce Times
- Published books and articles on leading industry subject matters such as limited liability companies, Internet law, and contracts
- Served in top positions within the law community including acting as Chair of the Business Committee of the New York State Bar Association
- Founded and managed a successful software company
- Served as general counsel and in other in-house capacities for major media outlets, manufacturers and other Fortune 500 companies
- Advised boards of directors
- Advised brokers on FINRA and related compliance issues
- Been named “Dealmaker” by the Daily Business Review
- Advised on complex financing and loan restructurings
- Advised on major mergers and acquisitions
- Advised on securities and antitrust lawsuits
Kaufman Dolowich represents clients throughout the country whose corporate and intellectual property needs span a broad spectrum of industries, including but not limited to manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, beverage companies, insurers, media companies, hotel and leisure companies, law firms, accounting firms, medical offices, aviation companies including airlines, computer software, “big data” service providers, online and mobile applications, hardware companies, firmware companies, telecommunications, “green-tech,” privately and closely held corporations, public entities, and insurance companies.
Corporate Law Services
Handling Complex Legal Issues
Complex corporate matters exist in every type of business – large and small, new and established. Our corporate legal services solve problems faced by executives, general counsels, professionals, and entrepreneurs in various industries. We settle disputes, mitigate risk, and implement key strategies to better position your business in the marketplace.
Our corporate attorneys address internal and external business matters through consultation, negotiation, and litigation. Kaufman Dolowich provides a full range of corporate and business law services including:
- Corporate structuring
- Shareholder, member and partner issues (i.e., shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, limited partnership agreements)
- Complex corporate and commercial transactions (i.e., preparing, drafting, and negotiating stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, supplier agreements, service agreements, logistics agreements, equipment lease agreements, sales agreements, license and distribution agreements)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Loan agreements and restructuring
- Advising on state and federal securities law matters
Intellectual Property Services
Protecting Your Greatest Business Asset
Today’s businesses are increasingly reliant on their intellectual property assets as a driving force for growth and as a useful reference for a company’s true value. We find that intellectual property portfolios often account for the largest percentage of a business’ total assets.
Identifying, evaluating, executing, and enforcing intellectual property rights is therefore fundamental to the success of a business in this landscape. Whether a business succeeds or fails often depends on its ability to effectively leverage its IP rights.
Our team understands the value of your IP assets and offers the following services:
- Identifying, evaluating, and prosecuting patents and trademarks
- Assisting clients with copyright issues (i.e., publishing agreements, advising, registration, licensing)
- Trade secret implementation and protection
- Advising on websites including, but not limited to terms and conditions, privacy policies and GDPR
- IP enforcement (i.e., cease-and-desist letters, petition filing)
- Preparation of complex license agreements and EULAs
Flexible Arrangements that Work for You
Kaufman Dolowich continuously evolves and grows with its clients to adapt to and address the ever-changing legal landscape. Depending on the nature of the work, we are open to alternative fee arrangements that make sense for our clients. Often we operate as ongoing counsel in a trusted advisor relationship for a combination flat retainer/hourly fee. Sometimes a project-based fee arrangement may be more suitable. We believe in working closely with our clients so they can properly manage their legal budget in a manner that is realistic for them.
Regardless of your business needs or issues, your team at Kaufman Dolowich is with you every step of the way. Contact our business lawyers today.
|White Plains, NY , Westport, CT
Diversity & Inclusion Committee Member
Chair, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice Group
|Fort Lauderdale, FL
|New York, NY
|Fort Lauderdale, FL , New York, NY
|San Francisco, CA
|Hackensack, NJ , New York, NY
- Protecting your social media income through insurance, Sept. 20, 2022, PropertyCasualty360, authors Louie Castoria, Esq. and Berlinie St-Fort, Esq. - Sep 20, 2022
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision Google LLC v. Oracle America, Inc., No. 18-956 - Sep 29, 2021
- Do I Need to Pay Attention to my Business’s Software License Agreements? - Sep 25, 2020
- Are You Sure Your Business is Protecting You from Being Held Personally Liable? - Sep 25, 2020
- It’s Not a [Trade] Secret if Everyone Knows - Sep 25, 2020
- COVID-19’s Impact on the M&A Market: Measures and Precautions, Daily Business Review - Jul 13, 2020