News Release: KDV Law Promotes Six Attorneys to Partnership Elevates Four to Of Counsel
Woodbury, N.Y. (February 23, 2022) — Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV), a leading national law firm, today announced that ten attorneys across seven offices have been promoted. Joseph M. Cobo, Matthew Cohen, Katharine W. Fogarty, Seth D. Griep, Monica M. Littman and Erik E. Sardiña were promoted to partner; and Juan P. Camacho, Yousra A. Depalma, Kartikey A. Pradhan and Kevin Yombor were promoted to of counsel.
“It is an honor and a pleasure to celebrate the promotion of our colleagues. The six new partners and four new of counsel represent the strength of our future as a firm,” said Michael A. Kaufman, firmwide co-managing partner. “These top-flight lawyers exemplify what KDV stands for: hard work, dedication to our clients and a commitment to diversity. We look forward to their continued contribution to our firm.”
The six new partners:
- Joseph M. Cobo (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) handles state and federal civil litigation in the areas of labor and employment law and commercial litigation. He also has experience in healthcare law, professional malpractice litigation, and condominium and homeowners’ association law. Cobo represents various sized companies in individual and class action litigation involving claims relating to harassment, discrimination, retaliation, overtime, and other alleged unpaid wage and contractual disputes.
- Matthew Cohen (Woodbury, N.Y.) advises clients on complex wage and hour class actions, individual and class discrimination and harassment cases, commercial litigation matters, breach of contract, retaliation claims, and cases brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act and other labor acts. His labor and employment work also includes representing clients in matters regarding the Fair Housing Act, and before the New York State Division of Human Rights, New York State Department of Labor and Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings.
- Katharine W. Fogarty (Philadelphia, PA) concentrates her practice on commercial litigation and employment issues -, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wage and hour violations. She represents employers, including schools and school boards, in federal and state courts and in administrative proceedings before federal, state, and local human rights agencies, and counsels employers on a wide range of workplace issues.
- Seth D. Griep (Hackensack, N.J.) focuses his practice on professional liability, commercial litigation, insurance bad faith matters, construction defect liability, premises liability and automobile liability claims. Griep also represents clients in insurance coverage litigation arising from claims tendered under professional liability, business owner, general liability and automobile liability insurance policies, and his recent experience includes working on several high-profile construction cases.
- Monica M. Littman (Philadelphia, PA) is a commercial litigator who represents agencies, creditors and law firms against individual and class-action allegations under federal and state consumer protection laws, and has extensive experience litigating matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) Dispute Resolution forum. She advises companies and individuals on compliance issues in the accounts receivable management industry, and on employment-related matters, specifically the litigation of post-employment restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and employment agreements.
- Erik E. Sardiña (Hackensack, N.J.) litigates cases in both federal and state courts with a particular focus on complex commercial litigation, class action and multidistrict proceedings. He has experience in diverse areas including construction matters, product liability, employment practices liability, labor and employment defense, whistleblower cases, antitrust and appellate matters, and also advises on food, drug, and cosmetics litigation and compliance matters.
The four new of counsel:
- Juan P. Camacho (Orlando, Fla.) is an employment lawyer whose practice involves counseling businesses on dispute avoidance, compliance, contract drafting and review. Camacho also represents clients in commercial litigation matters including those related to Homeowners’ Association issues and intellectual property law matters.
- Yousra A. Depalma (New York City) focuses her practice on defending contractors and property owners in personal injury actions arising out of Labor Law sections 240(1), 241(6) and 200, and suits brought against them for construction defect claims. She also manages commercial litigation matters, as well as matters in defense of property owners in premises liability and toxic tort claims.
- Kartikey A. Pradhan (San Francisco, CA) litigates cases in the areas of commercial, business, employment, personal injury, insurance litigation, and ERISA matters. He represents clients in a wide variety of class action, single plaintiff and multi-plaintiff labor and employment matters and provides counsel and advice to companies on pre-litigation employment issues.
- Kevin Yombor (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) focuses his practice on premises liability, commercial litigation, professional liability, labor and employment, data privacy, insurance coverage, bodily injury, automobile negligence, bad faith, product liability and wrongful death litigation. He also advises clients in pre-suit liability investigations, management and risk mitigation matters.
About Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP
Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP is a leading national law firm serving a broad range of industries with more than 20 law practice areas including labor & employment, professional liability, insurance coverage and litigation, data privacy & cybersecurity, financial services, commercial litigation, cannabis law, real estate, consumer financial services, construction and general liability. Headquartered on Long Island, NY, KDV attorneys represent national and global clients of all sizes from 16 offices in seven states: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. KDV is a Mansfield Certified law firm in recognition of its diverse and inclusive employment strategies. For more information on KDV, please follow us on LinkedIn or visit http://www.kaufmandolowich.com.
Contact: Julie Koranteng, 314.546.7630, Julie@newspros.com