Kevin Yombor is a partner concentrating his practice on litigating and resolving business and corporate conflicts, directors and officers liability claims, employment matters, commercial litigation, and advising companies and executives in several legal areas. Mr. Yombor is focused on ensuring his client’s business and legal interests are well represented.
Mr. Yombor’s practice is diverse and includes handling complex commercial litigation involving directors and officers, general liability matters, and employment liability, including breach of contract claims, and claims arising under the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act. He also regularly counsels’ community housing associations relating to director and officer disputes and the Fair Housing Act, as well as gaming and hospitality clients in both employment law and general liability cases.
Mr. Yombor is an experienced litigator, utilizing his skills to obtain favorable results for his clients, both in a courtroom and through alternative dispute resolutions. He also participates in pre-suit liability investigation, management, and mitigation of risk to help clients better evaluate their legal options.
Licensed in Florida and Michigan, Mr. Yombor litigates in State and Federal Court, as well as arbitrates before The American Arbitration Association (AAA). He has also helped clients with legal disputes throughout the country, having pro hac vice in Wisconsin, and admittance in the Tribal Court of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians.
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Eastern District
- Tribal Court, Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians, Michigan
- University of Miami School of Law – J.D., cum laude
- Michigan State University – B.A.
- Florida Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
- ABA – Business Law Section
- The Impact of Florida’s Sweeping Tort Reform Bill, by Kevin Yombor, Partner, Kaufman Dolowich
- “States Scramble to Regulate AI-Based Hiring Tools”, Kaufman Dolowich attorney authors Paul Daugherity, Bruce Liebman, Kevin Yombor, Bloomberg Law, 4-10-2023
- Bad faith claims against insurers on the rise; how they can remain in good graces, Reuters, authors Michael Zigelman and Kevin Yombor, August 18, 2022
- Fla. Adopts ‘Daubert’ Standard: What Does That Mean and How Do We Apply It? Daily Business Review
- Supreme Court of the United States Rules Some High-Earning Executives May Be Entitled to Overtime, Keith Gutstein, Kevin Yombor 3/27/2023
- Bloomberg Law “Wake Up Call” notes Kaufman Dolowich Promotions, 2-9-2023
- Key Changes to Florida’s Courts in 2023
- A Service Charge is Not a Tip: 11th Circuit Court Rules Restaurant Mandatory Service Charge is Not Considered a Tip
- News Release: KDV Law Promotes Six Attorneys to Partnership Elevates Four to Of Counsel
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Homeowner Associations (HOA’s) and COVID-19