Joseph M. Cobo focuses his practice on state and federal civil litigation in the areas of employment and labor law and commercial litigation. Mr. Cobo also has experience in the fields of healthcare law, professional malpractice litigation, and condominium and homeowners’ association law.
While in law school, Mr. Cobo held the positions of summer associate and law clerk with a downtown Miami law firm where he assisted in the representation of financial institutions, large hospital systems, and international retailers in litigation and regulatory matters. Following law school, Mr. Cobo worked for a large insurance defense firm where he represented various sized companies in individual and class action litigation involving claims relating to harassment, discrimination, retaliation (including whistleblower and workers compensation retaliation), overtime pay, or other alleged unpaid wages, and contractual disputes in state court and federal court, as well as administrative actions.
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law – J.D.
- University of Central Florida – B.S.
- Florida Bar Young Lawyer’s Division
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association, Employment and Labor Law Section
- Claims and Litigation Alliance Member
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Association of Broward County
Member, Judicial Selection Committee for Ervin A. Gonzalez Professionalism Award, Miami-Dade County, FL, 2021