Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Promotes 13 Attorneys
Woodbury, N.Y. (February 8, 2023) Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV) announces the promotion of 13 attorneys across nine of its offices: eight to partnership and five to of counsel, effective Jan.1, 2023.
“These talented and hard-working individuals have a proven track record of quality client service and are simply good ambassadors of the firm,” said Michael Kaufman, firmwide co-managing partner. “We look forward to their continued contributions.”
A Mansfield 5.0 Certified firm committed to maintaining diversity and inclusion as a key firm priority; the firm is also proud to recognize more than half of those rising through the ranks are from historically underrepresented groups.
Promoted to Partnership:
- Juan Camacho (Orlando, FL) is a labor and employment attorney and his practice involves counseling businesses on dispute avoidance, compliance, contract drafting and review and employment regulations. He also represents businesses, municipalities and homeowners’ associations in litigation matters. Camacho serves on the Orange County Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Committee and is a member of Florida Bar Leadership Academy’s Class X.
- Paul Daugherity (Chicago, IL) handles cases involving products liability, construction, premises liability, medical malpractice, professional liability (for accountants, insurance brokers, architects and real estate agents), misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract and defense of employment matters. Daugherity’s experience includes successfully dismissing a misappropriation of trade secrets act case for lack of jurisdiction, and successfully dismissing a complaint against individual defendants for lack of jurisdiction. Previously, Daugherity was an executive claims examiner for high-value litigation across the U.S. and Canada.
- Yousra Depalma (New York, NY) practices general liability, insurance coverage and litigation, construction and employment and labor law. Depalma’s general liability defense practice includes representing construction contractors and property owners in claims alleging violations of labor law, construction defects and premises liability claims.
- Arthur Gaus (San Francisco, CA) focuses his practice on labor and employment, civil rights, data privacy and commercial litigation matters. He defends clients in class-action labor and employment claims, including FEHA discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, collective Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions, actions arising out of Collective Bargaining Agreements, as well as administrative actions before the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement and the Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board. Gaus’ case victories include the published Ninth Circuit decision in Whitaker v. Tesla and more recently Whitaker v. Mind Games, LLC.
- Alexander Razi (New York, NY) focuses his practice on insurance coverage matters, including directors’ and officers’ liability, professional liability, errors and omissions, and employment practices liability policies issued to public and private companies and financial institutions.
- Christopher Turano (Hackensack, NJ) focuses his practice on commercial litigation, labor and employment law, general liability and professional liability matters. He also defends clients in appeals, and in matters of general civil litigation. Turano has published multiple articles on developing areas of the law in the fields in which he practices.
- Karen Lee Wagner (Westchester, NY) focuses her practice on land use, construction accidents and vertical transportation matters, professional liability, tax certiorari and medical malpractice law. Wagner provides counsel to private and public sector clients, including domestic and international insurance companies and governmental entities.
- Kevin Yombor (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) has a diverse practice, handling complex commercial litigation matters involving directors and officers, general liability and employment liability, including claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act. He also regularly counsels’ community housing associations relating to director and officer disputes and the Fair Housing Act. Recently, Yombor was part of a team that successfully had a $3 million foreclosure case stayed and sent to arbitration, preventing the foreclosure case from occurring on an expediated basis.
Promoted to Of Counsel:
- Amir Benakote (Los Angeles, CA) represents employers in litigation matters before federal and state courts and administrative agencies. He has substantial experience trying individual cases, including a two-week Labor Code misrepresentation/defamation claim and an ADA compliance/discrimination claim in which he obtained a defense verdict. He also maintains an active pro bono practice assisting indigent pro se litigants who represent themselves in federal court.
- Morgan Cahill-Marsland (Sonoma, CA) focuses her practice on real estate transaction and litigation matters. She represents property owners, landlords, lenders, real estate brokers/age, tenancy-in-common parties, homeowners’ associations and developers. She has successfully defended many real estate disputes including partitions, purchase sale disputes, unlawful detainers and HOA disputes. Cahill-Marsland also serves on the boards of Napa County Women in Law, the Sonoma Bar Association and the Napa County Bar Association. In 2022, she was named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star.”
- Laura Campbell (San Francisco, CA) focuses her practice on real estate transactional work and residential and commercial land use matters. She routinely assists clients in co-ownership agreements such as Tenancy-In-Common agreements, and has been actively expanding the firm’s practice areas to include San Francisco land use. In addition, Campbell has served as lead counsel on matters of first impression at the San Francisco Rent Board relating to newly passed legislation governing the development of Alternate Dwelling Units (ADUs).
- Catherine Lyster (New York, NY) focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and insurance claim management including directors’ and officers’ liability, representations and warranties disputes, professional liability, fiduciary and crime, commercial general liability and homeowners’ and condominium association liability matters. Recently, Lyster successfully defeated a summary judgment motion by a party seeking additional insured coverage in an underlying personal injury action and launched a hotline that assists policy holders to better understand potential legal issues in partnership with an emerging insurer.
- Kyle McConnell (Chicago, IL) advises clients in complex insurance coverage and litigation, specializing in fidelity and crime and financial institution bonds. He is also an experienced litigator in the areas of commercial litigation, professional liability, premises liability, wrongful death and in employment law. McConnell was named on the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” list in the area of Insurance Law.
“We commend these attorneys for their outstanding work and thank them for their dedication to providing excellent service that benefits our clients and advances our firm’s success,” said Ivan J. Dolowich, firmwide co-managing partner.
About Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP
Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP is a leading national law firm serving a broad range of industries in more than 20 practice areas including labor and employment, professional liability, insurance coverage and litigation, data privacy & cybersecurity, financial services, commercial litigation, real estate, cannabis law, consumer financial services and construction law. Headquartered in Woodbury, N.Y., Kaufman Dolowich attorneys represent national and global clients of all sizes from 17 offices nationwide. Kaufman Dolowich is a four-time Mansfield Certified law firm recognized for its diverse and inclusive employment strategies. For more information, visit kaufmandolowich.com or follow the firm on LinkedIn.