Gregory Hyman is the co-managing partner of our Philadelphia, PA office. He has a diverse litigation and counseling practice representing clients in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. He is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. For more than two decades Mr. Hyman has been defending public and private employers in employment practices liability cases, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, whistleblower and retaliation, defamation, breach of contract, and wage and hour, before state and federal courts, administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals. Mr. Hyman has extensive experience in the representation of school boards for public, private secondary schools and universities, and charter schools in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He also specializes in defending professionals liability claims involving lawyers, accountants, directors and officers, insurance agents, brokers, title agents, and real estate agents.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Hyman counsels employers on day-to-day workplace issues, employment policies, restrictive covenants, severance contracts, and compliance with federal and state laws. He assists employers in connection with hiring, discipline, and termination decisions and in implementing policies and strategies to prevent claims by drafting and reviewing handbooks and conducting training sessions on equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment. He also assists professionals in developing and implementing risk management policies and practices.
Mr. Hyman is a frequent presenter on employment-related topics and in the area of legal malpractice and risk management.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit
- Temple University – J.D.
- with honors
- George Washington University – B.A.
- magna cum laude
Professional Memberships and Accolades
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Physician Unionization—Penn Residents, Fellows Bring Debate to Philadelphia,” The Legal Intelligencer, authors Christopher Tellner, Greg Hyman, Alexandra Lynch, Gregory Brown, 3-28-2023
- “Kaufman Dolowich Moves Philly Team Into Center City Tower,” Law 360 Pulse, 3-8-2023
- “National Law Firm Relocates Philadelphia Office to One Liberty Place,” Philadelphia Business Journal, Gregory Hyman, Esq. featured, 3-8-2023
- Settlement Pitfalls: Confidentiality Is Prohibited but Non-Disparagement Provisions Are Not (for Now), NJLJ, authors Gregory Hyman and Brandon Lee Wolff, August 19, 2022
- Pennsylvania Superior Court Recognizes Employees’ Right to Sue Employers Under the Medical Marijuana Act
- Pennsylvania Employer Update: Guidance on the Continuing COVID-19 Pandemic
- NJ Employment Law 2020: What Employers Need to Know, New Jersey Law Journal
- Social Media: A Breeding Ground for Malpractice Claims, The Legal Intelligencer