Kristina Duffy focuses her practice on representing businesses, financial institutions, not-for-profit organizations, and individuals in claims regarding professional liability, commercial litigation and insurance coverage. She also practices in the areas of intellectual property, cyber security and data privacy law, healthcare defense law, and general liability defense.
Ms. Duffy has experience arguing motions in state and federal court, including motions pertaining to summary judgement/dismissal, discovery disputes, exclusion of expert witnesses, and preliminary injunctions. She has appeared as second bench in a medical malpractice trial and at arbitration for a contract dispute.
Ms. Duffy started her career at the Long Island office of a national defense firm where she litigated complex medical malpractice matters.
During law school at St. John’s University, Ms. Duffy was a member of the New York International Law Review, and the Moot Court Honor Society. While in law school, she published on the topic of the challenges confronting personal injury plaintiffs when seeking to enforce a judgment on a foreign financial institution.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Appellate Division, Second Department
- St. John’s University School of Law – J.D.
- University of Virginia – B.A.
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch® , 2024, 2023, 2021, Intellectual Property Law
- Follow the Funding, authors Michael Zigelman and Kristina Duffy, for Claims and Litigation Management Magazine, July 2023
- “Considering Paths to Disclosure in Third Party Litigation Financing,” By Michael Zigelman & Kristina Duffy, Reuters, 2-22-2023
- The Impact of Social Inflation on the Liability Insurance Industry, authors Michael Zigelman & Kristina Duffy, Reuters, 11-28-2022