David Group, Partner, focuses his practice on general liability defense and insurance coverage litigation, including premises liability, property damage, labor Law, motor vehicle-related accidents, professional liability defense and broker malpractice claims.
He also has extensive experience with first party property coverage matters nationwide as well subrogation claims, professional liability claims and E&O claims, for more than 20 years.
Prior to working at Kaufman Dolowich, David served as coverage counsel for CNA handling a variety of first party property, fidelity and general liability claims through all stages of litigation. Prior to that, he was a partner at a litigation firm in New York where he handled a wide range of general liability defense and coverage matters throughout the United States in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Group has handled many first-party coverage matters of first impression, including claims involving catastrophic losses such as the World Trade Center disaster, Hurricane Katrina and Named Storm Sandy. During his career, he has represented some of the nation’s largest insurance carriers.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts
- District of New Jersey
- Northern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Brooklyn Law School – J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany – B.A.
- Recent 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Decision Could Have a Positive Impact for Insurers on COVID-19 Business Interruption Claims
- Michigan Judge Sides With Insurer In COVID-19 Lawsuit, InsuranceNewsNet, ft. David Group
- Property Coverage Update: COVID-19
- Press Release: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Promotes Four to Partner, Elevates Two to Counsel