Christopher Arcitio focuses his practice on commercial litigation, professional liability, general liability, and insurance coverage and litigation.
Mr. Arcitio handles general liability matters including motor vehicle defense on behalf of insurance carriers. He also has experience in large vehicle accidents and related claims involving bodily injury and property damage.
Mr. Arcitio has experience in complex civil litigation lawsuits involving premises liability, catastrophic accidents, transportation, subrogation, elevator malfunctions, and New York Labor Law. He has litigated professional liability matters on behalf of physicians, nurses and hospitals. Additionally, he defends clients in housing discrimination claims under the Fair Housing Act.
During law school, Mr. Arcitio was a law clerk for a major insurance company and a securities litigation law firm. Mr. Arcitio served as President of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, as Editor-in-Chief for the school’s Commercial Division Online Law Report, and as Editor for their American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review. He competed in the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Thomas Tang Moot Court competition, receiving the award for Best Brief and earning the title of Northeast Regional Champion.
- New York
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- University of San Diego, B.A.
- Fellow, 2023-2024 National Filipino American Lawyers Association Leadership Academy
- American Bar Association
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association
- Adjunct Professor, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law , Fall 2023
- Unraveling the Inequitable Nature of the Model Minority: Asian-Americans Deserve Affirmative Action, Tennessee Journal of Race, Gender, and Social Justice
- Alumni of Color Panelist, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review at St. John’s University School of Law, March 2023
- Panelist, St. John’s University School of Law, April 22, 2022, Bringing Your Whole Self to Work- Navigating issues of race, gender, identity in the workplace
Panelist, St. John’s Law School’s Alumni of Color Chapter, March 11, 2022, “Navigating the Legal Profession as a Litigator and a Young Attorney of Color”
- Panelist, St. John’s American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review, March 18 , 2022, “The increased Need to Consider Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives in Hiring and Retaining Attorneys of Color”