Megan E. Yllanes is chair of the General Liability Defense Practice Group and co-chair of the firm’s Women’s Initiative. She concentrates her practice in the areas of construction law and general liability with an emphasis on defending property owners, developers, general contractors, construction managers, and trade/sub-contractors with respect to personal injury and property damage actions arising from construction accidents including negligence and New York Labor Law Sections 200, 240 and 241(6) claims.
Ms. Yllanes handles various other types of insurance defense cases involving high exposure automobile negligence and premises liability.
Previously, Ms. Yllanes served as a Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Ronald D. Wigler in New Jersey.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law – J.D.
- cum laude
- Cornell University – B.S.
- cum laude
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- The Domino Effect of Runaway Jury Verdicts in Plaintiff-Friendly Venues, authors Megan Yllanes, Esq., & Matthew Solomon, Esq., New York Law Journal, 10-11-22
- Questionable Design, Construction Practices likely Contributed to Surfside Condo Collapse, Construction Dive, quoted Megan Yllanes, Oct. 1, 2021
- Contractors can still be liable for failures years after project completion, Construction Dive, ft. Megan Yllanes
- How I Became Practice Group Co-Chair, Law.com, Megan Yllanes
- First and Second Departments Differ on Issue of Workers Injured While on Break or Entering/Exiting a Construction Site, New York Law Journal
- Housing Market Discrimination: Analysis of impact case and its effect on builders/developers, NY Real Estate Journal, by Megan Yllanes, Esq, & Andrew Richards, Esq., 4-21-2016
- Construction Site Accident Claims and Litigation, CLE Program, New York State Bar Association, October 25, 2019