John P. Rafferty focuses his practice in our labor and employment, financial services, professional liability and healthcare groups. He is adept at trial defense, mediation & arbitration, and providing direct counsel to clients’ business needs and compliance issues.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Rafferty represents employers in discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, whistleblower and retaliation, wage and hour, and breach of contract claims. His financial practice focuses on consumer financial services and banking clients, as well as representing directors and officers in claims arising from their corporate activity. Additionally, he handles professional liability and healthcare matters, where he represents attorneys, accountants, architects and engineers, insurance agents, and healthcare providers.
Prior to joining Kaufman Dolowich, Mr. Rafferty gained significant trial experience at law firms that handled catastrophic injury litigation across the county. These cases involved health care, medical device, product liability, professional liability, contract, mass tort, personal injury, and construction matters. During law school, he served as judicial extern in the Middle District of Pennsylvania and worked with the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- Saint Joseph’s University, B.S.
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International