Brett Smith focuses his practice on complex insurance coverage and bad faith litigation as well as construction defect and general liability defense. Mr. Smith’s experience includes representing insurers in State and Federal Court in trial court proceedings and on appeal. He handles coverage matters under a multitude of business lines including first party, general liability, premises liability, construction defect, errors & omissions, director and officer, professional liability, and trademark/advertising injury.
Mr. Smith is a fifth-generation Floridian providing him with unique and important knowledge related to venues and their impact on jury verdicts and coverage decisions.
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 11th Circuit
- Barry University School of Law – J.D.
- Indiana University, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- CLM Central Florida Chapter
- ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS)