Matthew E. Selmasska focuses his practice on consumer financial services, professional liability, and commercial litigation matters.
Mr. Selmasska serves creditors, law firms, and the accounts receivable management industry in navigating state and federal consumer protection laws nationwide. He also defends attorneys and their firms facing legal malpractice claims and disciplinary board complaints.
In his commercial practice, Mr. Selmasska litigates a broad range of commercial contract and real estate disputes in state and federal courts and before domestic arbitration forums. Additionally, he has experience litigating partnership disputes, business divorces, and claims under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA).
Previously, he served as an appellate judicial intern to the Honorable Robert E. Simpson (Retd.) of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania State University Law School, J.D.
- The Citadel, Military College of South Carolina, B.A.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- The Federalist Society, Philadelphia Lawyers Chapter
- Hudson Regional Hospital v. NH Insurance Co., No. A-0978-21 (N.J. App. Div. 2023) – In a breach of contract action, the Appellate Division affirmed the order of the trial court dismissing the complaint against NH Insurance and holding no coverage was owed to out-of-state claimants.
- Medical Debt Collection Strategy Plays Key Role in Federal Court Decision, 2-12 2024
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Announces Rulemaking to Remove Medical Debt from Credit Reports, 9-27-2023
- Employees of Collection Agencies Working Nevada Accounts are Permitted to Work From Home through December 31, 2020
- Employees of Collection Agencies Working Nevada Accounts Must Work from the Brick and Mortar Location Listed on the License
- Supreme Court Grants Cert to Clarify Autodialer Issue in the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- KDV Alert – Nationwide COVID-19 Update For Consumer Financial Services