Laura Birnbaum focuses her practice on labor and employment law. Ms. Birnbaum handles many types of litigation matters including civil mediations, court hearings, and trials related to class action cases, discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage and hour disputes. She has managed claims in matters related to Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA,) harassment, anti-retaliation claims, hybrid state and federal wage and hour lawsuits, and FLSA 216(b) collective certifications.
Prior to joining Kaufman Dolowich, Ms. Birnbaum practiced at law firms in both Los Angeles and in New York, handling employment matters, as well as criminal matters.
During law school, Ms. Birnbaum was Note Editor of the Public Interest Law Journal, a National Health Law Moot Court Competitor, and student attorney for a local housing, employment, family, and disability clinic.
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of California
- Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania at Philadelphia, B.A., magna cum laude
- Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2023
- Super Lawyers, Southern California, 2020, 2021, 2022