Janice S. Parker is a partner focusing her practice on employment law and business and commercial litigation.
Ms. Parker represents employers and executives in all areas of employment litigation, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and wage and hour violations. She provides counsel to employers regarding employee discipline and termination, workforce reductions, requests for accommodations and leaves of absence, counsels on risk management to limit claims exposure and assists business entities in developing policies and processes to address sound practices through the COVID-19 pandemic. She regularly represents employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Texas Commission on Human Rights, and has also defended and guided clients through investigations with the Department of Justice, the Department of Labor, and OSHA.
Ms. Parker’s commercial litigation practice spans from pre-litigation demands and mediation to arbitrations and full-service courtroom practice for contract, business torts, negligence, and financial disputes. She has successfully litigated cases for private companies, school boards, and non-profit entities obtaining successful results by summary judgment and jury trial in business and discrimination matters. Clients request her advice and counsel for day-to-day policy development and implementation as well as on-the-spot problem solving for immediate and emergency legal concerns. Ms. Parker enjoys resolving issues before they become difficult concerns. As an additional service to clients, she is pleased to provide trainings for better business practices and trainings for best practices for managers/leadership to create positive work environments and to mitigate challenges in employer/employee relations. She continues the experience gained from her former practices, where she litigated on behalf of several large and small companies, public and private secondary and higher educational institutions, public sector projects, and served financial institutions in commercial litigation claims.
Earlier in her law career, Ms. Parker served Howard University in their General Counsel office. There she supported her alma mater’s litigation against the NCAA, addressed matters for their broadcast media (television and radio), advised on hospital matters, pursued intellectual property concerns, and counseled on student issues and employment matters regarding professors’ tenure practices and policies.
Ms. Parker is well-known in her community circle for her service directed particularly to women and children.
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Eastern Districts of Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- Howard University School of Law, J.D.
- Bar Association of Texas, Labor & Employment Law and Litigation Sections
Ms. Parker is well-known in her community circle for her service directed particularly to women and children. Her accomplishments extend beyond the legal field:
- She enjoys a principal role in “Helping Hands for Single Moms,” which provides financial assistance and other support for single moms completing their college education goals. Educating moms is a gift that extends through generations.
- Under Ms. Parker’s direction, the Dallas office has served local challenged schools by providing winter coats to the entire student body; every student felt important and special as they experienced the joy of warmth.
- Her service includes working with various homeless persons projects, including serving at the Dallas Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. Center.
- She collaborates with Friends to Genesis to support abused women and WARM to encourage women in rehabilitation from drugs and alcohol as they transition to better lives.
- Kaufman Dolowich Marks One Year Anniversary in Dallas and New Orleans, April 2023
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Expands Footprint into Dallas and New Orleans; Adds The Myers Law Group and its Six Attorneys, The New Orleans Sun, April 15, 2022
- Kaufman Dolowich Grows To Dallas, New Orleans Via Merger, Law 360, April 13, 2022
- Long Island’s Kaufman Dolowich Enters Gulf Coast Market in Dallas Trial Firm Combination, Texas Lawyer, Law.com, April 13, 2022
- New York-based Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck adds New Orleans office, New Orleans City Business, April 13, 2022
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Expands Footprint into Dallas and New Orleans; Adds The Myers Law Group and its Six Attorneys