Edward Grimmett focuses his practice in employment and labor law.
Mr. Grimmett provides general counsel and labor counsel services to school districts, public libraries and other municipal entities. He provides daily advice and counsel on contract administration, workplace investigations, and employment and antidiscrimination laws.
He represents the clients in collective bargaining negotiations, employee disciplinary hearings and matters before the Public Employment Relations Board. Mr. Grimmett also assisted with the reopening of schools by providing advice and counsel on the rapid changes to federal, state and local laws during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New York
- Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center – J.D.
- St. John’s University – B.A.
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- Nassau County Bar Association – Member Education Law, Labor and Employment and Municipal Law Sections
- Minimum Wage and Salary Threshold Increases Now in Effect for New York Employers, 1-3-2024
- Employer Alert: New York City Salary Range Transparency Law to Take Effect on November 1, 2022
- New York State Bill Mandating Salary Range Disclosure by Employers Awaits Governor’s Signature
- EMPLOYER ALERT: Governor Hochul Ushers in Sweeping Changes to Workplace Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Laws
- EMPLOYER ALERT: New York Employers Must Notify Employees of Electronic Monitoring
- EMPLOYERS MUST PROMPTLY IMPLEMENT THEIR WORKPLACE SAFETY PLANS UNDER THE NEW YORK HERO ACT, KDV Law Alert, Oct. 11, 2021
- EMPLOYERS MUST PROMPTLY IMPLEMENT THEIR WORKPLACE SAFETY PLANS UNDER THE NEW YORK HERO ACT, KDV Law Alert, Sept. 15, 2021
- EMPLOYER ALERT: New York Businesses Must Comply with NYS Election Law