Carol Stephenson focuses her law practice on employment and business matters.
Ms. Stephenson manages business transactions, contract matters, and partnership and shareholder agreements. She provides counsel on formation, including leases, employment matters, corporate restructuring, and general business operations. In her employment practice, she counsels clients on workplace policies and employment agreements, and on building employment policies to avoid exposure to business liability. She also handles employee disciplinary situations, layoffs, and employee disputes.
In addition to her law firm experience, Ms. Stephenson gained valuable insight through her years of teaching at Southern Methodist Dedman School of Law and the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. She is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Stephenson joined Kaufman Dolowich in April 2022 as part of The Myers Law Group. Earlier in her career, she was a partner at two law firms in the Dallas area, and then in 1993 began her own firm, Hutchison & Stephenson, LLP with a colleague.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit
- Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Texas
- University of Texas at Dallas, B.A. summa cum laude
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., cum laude
- Texas State Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Kaufman Dolowich Marks One Year Anniversary in Dallas and New Orleans, April 2023
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Expands Footprint into Dallas and New Orleans; Adds The Myers Law Group and its Six Attorneys, The New Orleans Sun, April 15, 2022
- Kaufman Dolowich Grows To Dallas, New Orleans Via Merger, Law 360, April 13, 2022
- Long Island’s Kaufman Dolowich Enters Gulf Coast Market in Dallas Trial Firm Combination, Texas Lawyer, Law.com, April 13, 2022
- New York-based Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck adds New Orleans office, New Orleans City Business, April 13, 2022
- Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Expands Footprint into Dallas and New Orleans; Adds The Myers Law Group and its Six Attorneys